- Exhibit Area
- Team Competitions
- Entertainment and other activities
- For Exhibitors
- For Sponsors
The Kansas City Plaza Rotary Club is on Facebook, which is where you can find out more about the culture of club with posts from our members. Check us out here!
We welcome your visits and hope you'll "Like" us and invite your friends to follow us, too.
to journey to Malawi
- A Polio-Free World — We support immunizations in areas still afflicted by polio.
- Promoting Peace — We use education and training to strengthen peace efforts and support long-term peace-building in areas affected by conflict.
- Fighting Disease — We help prevent the spread of major diseases including HIV/AIDS and malaria.
- Providing Clean Water — More than 2.5 billion people don’t have access to sanitation facilities. We help communities develop sustainable water and sanitation systems and provide education on clean water.
- Saving Mothers and Children — We provide immunizations, improve access to medical care, and help train health care providers.
- Supporting Education — Worldwide, 67 million children have no access to education. We support basic education and literacy, reduce gender disparity in education, and increase adult literacy.
- Growing Local Economies — We help enhance economic and community development and create opportunities.
- Give of your time and talent — become a member of our Kansas City Plaza club. Work with us on projects including "Shoes for Orphan Souls," Hope House, Urban Rangers, ShelterBox and many more. You can contact Jeff Chapman for information about becoming a member of our organization.
- Or visit Rotary International to make a contribution and learn more about our worldwide impact.
- We are a vibrant, fun, dynamic club that produces good works in service of our community, and the world in total
- We are part of an international organization of unwavering spirit and muscle, making a difference in eradicating polio, teaching literacy, supporting social justice, advocating for peace, clean water and economic growth, and much more
- We live in a city that is home to the world champion Royals
- At every Rotary gathering, we are surrounded by friendship and fellowship, unified in our mission of service
- We see that our acts of service make a difference in the lives of others
- Pakistan - No new Polio cases reported this week. Thirty-eight Polio cases have been reported in 2015 compared to 234 at this time last year. Four new Polio positive environmental samples were collected this week.
- Afghanistan - No new Polio cases reported in Afghanistan this week. No new Polio-positive environmental samples were collected this week.
- Ethiopia -- one case in 2014
- Cameroon -- five cases in 2014
- Somalia -- five cases in 2014
- Iraq -- two cases in 2014
- Syria -- one case in 2014
- Equatorial Guinea -- five cases in 2014.
- Signing the petition to world leaders to provide critical funding to end polio.
- Watching the video from the World Health Organization -- learn more about how to end polio.
- Donating to Rotary International's Polio Plus campaign.
Riding for my cousins, who perished from polio
- Service in our community. We identify needs and work with organizations that make our community a better place. At Plaza Rotary, we do hands-on work for Hope House and Urban Rangers, among others.
- Service in the world. Beyond our community, we help improve life for others. The Rotary Foundation provides millions of dollars in grants for humanitarian aid. At Plaza Rotary, we support the Malawi Children’s Village, international microcredit loan programs, and ShelterBox — just to name a few.
- We are making history. We support PolioPlus — the historic movement to end polio.
- Citizens of the world. As a Rotarian, you are welcome to attend any club’s meeting, anywhere in the world. There are more than 33,000 Rotary Clubs in 200 countries in the world. We also support international exchanges to promote peace and better understanding of the world’s cultures.
- Hone your leadership ability. There’s always an opportunity for leadership, whether it’s running a committee, organizing an event, or stepping in to fill a gap at a meeting.
- Learn new skills. Rotary can help you grow with opportunities in marketing, social media, business development, planning, fundraising, event management, financial services, education, mentoring and more. Get involved with club committees or community support opportunities.
- Feed your interests. Hook up with Rotary friends to pursue common interests. Plaza Rotarians meet regularly for camaraderie on topics including golf, photography and scotch.
- Advance your leadership. Rotary offers leadership training at all levels — from youth programs to club, district, zone and international levels.
- Make friends. Learn about different businesses and vocations in our community. Meet new people, share a meal once a week. Laugh, build bonds, bring smiles to others.
After meeting for nearly 16 years at the Hotel InterContinental, the Plaza Rotary Club will be meeting at the Grand Street Cafe, 4740 Grand Avenue, Kansas City, beginning on July 10. This will be the first meeting of the 2015-16 Rotary year under the leadership of President Jane Brown. There is ample surface parking as well as covered garage parking. To access the underground garage, go one block east of Winstead's and turn south, then follow the signs. We look forward to seeing everyone at our new meeting location!
Would you be interested in attending a meeting and learning more about the Plaza Rotary Club? We'd be happy to have you visit! Just drop an email to Vice President Jeff Chapman at email@example.com and let him know you'd like to attend. We meet at 7:15 a.m. on Fridays at the Grand Street Cafe, 4740 Grand Avenue, Kansas City.